Fast Facts About Bachman Academy
- Bachman Academy has a long history of caring for children beginning over a century ago when Dr. Lynn Bachman set about looking for ways to help children receive a better education.
- By 1916 Bachman was serving the children as an orphanage.
- By 1970 the Bachman Home expanded to include caring for children who came from less fortunate families in addition to orphans.
- During the 80’s-90’s Bachman Home served as a transitional point for boys referred from the Department of Corrections and the Department of Human Services.
- In 1999, Bachman Memorial Home began doing business as Bachman Academy, and the school refined its focus to accept students – both boys and girls – with learning differences, or LD.
- This school is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Today, Bachman Academy is an active campus, filled with opportunities to learn and to appreciate the people and surroundings which make up this unique learning institution.