"[SAIS] visiting committees found the Bachman Academy community to be warm, welcoming, and gracious. There is a deep sense of compassion for one another and a passion for the students and school everywhere we looked. The school showered the visiting committee with wonderful hospitality and transparency during our visit. Additionally, what follows is a brief summary of the positive highlights the visiting team saw and heard on its visit..."
The SAIS visiting team commends the school for:
- The work portfolio that teachers share at the Chapel.
- Community - level of sacrifice you are willing to undergo for each other.
- Exciting connections with the vocational track and academic track coming together towards a project-based learning experience inclusive of faculty, curriculum and classroom experiences/projects. There is a process of remarkable team building among the faculty ongoing.
- Passion for, and nurturing of, students from the faculty; this is clearly the focus of the teachers.
- Faculty and staff, parents, and students clearly believe in Bachman Academy, its unique position to serve a special population of student who need and deserve a place like this, and the need to have this school available to those that need it.
- The experiential and life-changing opportunities for students to work through different paths and own pace – from chickens to chemistry, from horses to horticulture, from woodworking to history, from mechanics to reading, from rock climbing to literature.
- Parents feel their children are known and deeply loved by this faculty.
- Wonderful, bucolic campus, with learning everywhere on the campus. Projects like Huck Finn’s raft, the chicken coop, Monster, the wagon and so many others, the entire campus is used in the teaching and learning process for Bachman students.
- An improved communication system between faculty and leadership and faculty and parents.
The visiting team finds:
1. That the school is in compliance with all standards of the SAIS-SACS accreditation process.
2. That the self-study conducted by the school meets the standard of quality and thoroughness required by the SAIS-SACS accreditation process and answers the four critical questions as outlined in the Guidebook.
3. That the school is unanimously recommended for SAIS-SACS accreditation."